Fraud & Security
First Data holds cardholder security as our first priority. We continually invest in tools and technology to protect data and assist you in becoming PCI compliant to minimize fraud and avoid penalties.
Benefits for Business
First Data PCI Compliance solutions help merchants quickly and easily validate PCI compliance and complete annual assessments to ensure they are meeting compliance requirements, identify security gaps, and recommend solutions.
- Identify risk with PCI Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ)
- Fully comply with industry encryption standards
- Maintain PCI compliance with quarterly scans (if applicable)*
- Validate complete transaction process
- Easily complete annual SAQ utilizing an intuitive online tool, First Data® PCI Rapid Comply®
*A quarterly scan is required if you have any public IP address that connects to or can indirectly connect to the cardholder data environment.
- Compliance with all industry standards including: Cardholder Information Security Program (CISP), Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS)
- The necessary third party tools are provided to ensure merchant compliance
- Solutions designed by security experts specifically to meet the needs of our customers
- Online access lets you utilize tools to achieve PCI compliance anytime
- Comprehensive support including online and via chat, email and phone
- Offers integrated scanning for merchants that are required to pass quarterly scans to achieve PCI DSS compliance
Encryption & Tokenization
First Data® TransArmor® Data Protection is powerful payment card security that combines the flexibility of software- or hardware-based encryption with random-number tokenization to protect merchants and their customers from the consequences of a payment card data breach.
Benefits for Business
First Data helps your business dramatically increase payment security and reduce risk using state-of-the-art Data Protection to safeguard merchants and consumers from the risks of transmitting and storing vulnerable card data at your location.
- Multiple layers of protection make cardholder data significantly more secure
- Reduce risk and address the root cause of data security issues
- Decrease your liability for breaches and enjoy the extra security of a limited warranty
- Reduce PCI compliance scope, effort and cost
- Easy implementation and maintenance, which enables IT to focus on broader business initiatives
- Combined public/private encryption and tokenization to protect data at every processing stage
- The use of the token number to replace the cardholder data virtually eliminates the sensitive data within the merchant environment
- Full access to the format-preserving tokenized card data for business and marketing uses
- Limited warranty against compromise of the token number, including fraudulent use outside of the merchant systems environment*
*Compliance with association rules and PCI DSS required.